Do you like sports? Do you enjoy working with children?
We are looking for active, fun, and friendly coaches to coach before-school, after-school, in-school, and holiday programme sports sessions across the country. If you believe that Kelly Sports is right for you, we would love to hear from you. Take a look at the opportunities below and contact the relevant manager with your details and CV.
Kelly Sports Dunedin, Operations Manager Posted: 10 May 2022 Closes: 29 May 2022apply now
- Make an impact on the wellbeing and health of schools and tamariki in our region.
- Join a supportive and driven organisation.
- Busy, variable position with the potential to make a real difference in the community.
At Sport Otago, our vision is for all people in our region to be physically active. We aim to achieve this by providing leadership and expertise to the people of our region to help them enjoy active, healthy lives.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Kelly Sports Operations Manager to join our team based in Dunedin. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operational functions of our Kelly Sports franchise.
Your positive disposition towards sport and your understanding of its impact on the health and wellbeing of tamariki will be integral to this role, along with an alignment to the purpose, values, and culture of Sport Otago. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and you will be expected to uphold the values of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
In summary, your role will consist of:
- Effective planning and scheduling of programmes and one-off events to ensure delivery.
- Rostering and day-to-day management of coaching staff, and ensuring they have the resources to do their jobs.
- Being the go-to person by keeping parents and schools in the loop with programme updates.
- Maintaining the administrative requirements to keep Kelly Sports programmes ticking over.
- Championing Health & Safety and associated processes and improvements.
Our ideal candidate will preferably have a tertiary qualification in education, sport management, or active recreation; and/or have significant experience working in one or more of these sectors. They will also:
- Be knowledgeable and understanding of the sport landscape in New Zealand.
- Have the ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders across the play networks.
- Be able to communicate confidently, clearly, and effectively with both written and verbal communication, and can modify style and delivery to reflect the needs of people and the situation.
- Be a strategic thinker and possess strategic planning experience.
- Be innovative, a self-starter, and a problem solver who loves a challenge.
- Be able to work flexible hours.
- Have a sound working knowledge of Microsoft computer programmes.
- Hold a current Drivers Licence.
- Experience or knowledge working with Māori and Pasifika communities and can demonstrate the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We support the development of our staff and can provide opportunities for a person committed to their own ongoing professional development.
A full Position Description is available on the Sport Otago website: www.sportotago.co.nz
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Marketing and Digital Content Specialist Posted: 12 May 2022 Closes: 10 June 2022apply now
Kelly Group NZ Ltd, Head Office, Silverdale, Auckland
Liz Coulter, Chief Operating Officer, Kelly Group NZ Ltd
Are you looking for a marketing role that is fun, engaging and dynamic? Are you keen to make an impact and be part of a growing national organisation that is passionate to see Kiwi kids active, healthy and inspired?
We are looking for a Marketing and Digital Content Specialist to step in as part of our experienced and motivated head office team. This role is suitable for someone who is versatile and wishing to be a part of the direction of our marketing operations and with the capability to plan and implement marketing strategy/campaigns to enhance the Kelly Group profile and increase engagement and conversion.
You will take responsibility for our social media and website presence ensuring our content and images are on point. Your expertise in developing copy and putting together images either through graphic design or template publishing software such as Lucidpress or Canva will be beneficial as you develop digital and physical assets aligned to our brand. You will have excellent written and communication skills. Instructional design skills and/or experience in developing online training content would also be an advantage.
We have a nationwide network providing quality before and after school care and holiday programmes through Kelly Club, and sports and holiday programmes through Kelly Sports. Kelly Group are a proven, established and stable social enterprise – experts and leaders in the industry – having inspired kids through over 4 million sessions booked since 2007. Having a genuine love for kids, and the fun and joy that they bring to our lives will be critical for this role, as this is at the heart of everything we do at Kelly Group.
This is a full time role based from our offices in Silverdale, North Auckland. You’ll work in a team as passionate as you are to ultimately see Kiwi kids active, healthy and inspired. So if you’re a well-organised people-person who is also articulate, proactive, focused, determined and quality conscious, get in touch with us to see how you could impact and build our business and brand.
Experience and skills you have:
- Marketing/communications or other relevant degree preferred
- At least five years relevant professional experience
- Proven success in working in marketing including running campaigns, digital marketing with a focus on brand alignment.
- Up-to-date understanding and experience of online marketing, social media and utilising social networking in a business to business context
- Knowledge in how to improve website quality and searchability
- Instructional design skills or experience in developing and reviewing online training content
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills as well as listening skills
- Excellent computing skills and experience
- High level of initiative and follow-through
- Good problem solving and analytical skills and ability to collect and organise information.
- Time-management skills and being able to work on multiple projects at a time
- Attention to detail
- A flexible can-do attitude that can take on additional duties if needed to get the job done.
To apply or find out more please send your CV and Cover Letter to Liz Coulter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports Coach Posted: 20 January 2022 Closes: 20 December 2022apply now
Are you working towards a sports or teaching degree? Or are you someone with a passion for sports and coaching who is looking for part-time work?
You’ll be working as part of our nationwide team to increase equality of opportunity for all Kiwi kids to play, get moving and participate in sporting activities. We are proven and established leaders in the industry – having inspired Kiwi kids through over 4 million booked sessions since 2007.
Hours are predominantly after-school and during school holidays. Get in touch to find out what hours are available in your area.
As a Kelly Sports Coach you’ll be provided with all the training and support to be the best you. Coaches run our after-school, in-school sporting skills, and holiday programmes – with scope for so much more.
You’ll work in a team as passionate as you are to ultimately see Kiwi kids active, healthy and inspired through the benefits of sports and community connection.
In this role you will learn how to:
- Deliver quality sports coaching content
- Help kids have a great experience
- Be positive and make sure the kids experience success
- Plan sessions accordingly to suit your individual group
So if you’re a people-person who is also friendly, punctual, positive, keen to learn, able to have flexible working times, enjoys kids – and who loves working independently and as part of a team – get in touch with us to see how you could impact kids and get active!
As a provider working with kids, child safety is our top priority. We therefore require successful applicants to have a Police Check. Staff recruitment is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Children’s Act (2014). All applicants must hold the right to work in New Zealand.
To apply or find out more please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com